Ohio Environmental Leaders Institute
Ohio Environmental Leaders Institute (OELI) has been created to give Ohio environmental and natural resource professionals the opportunity to come together for the 2013 program for three (3) consecutive, separate sessions offered this June, July and September (View session dates and information). Our 2013 series gives participants the unique opportunity to collaborate, converse, connect and evaluate the many, and sometimes opposing, positions that develop around the diverse topic of the environment.
Friends will be made, lessons will be learned, open dialogue will be accepted.
Participants will be asked to leave pre-conceived ideas at the door and enter a forum to learn the leadership skills necessary to change and direct the conversation from fear, judgment and dismissiveness to clarity, acceptance and understanding.
Participants will learn how to:
- Effectively manage conflict that often sparks up during controversial topics related to the environment and natural resources;
- Develop and employ leadership skills that direct environmental policy initiatives and inspire change;
- Conduct and facilitate constructive, respectful dialogue on controversial environmental issues;
- Partner with colleagues and peers across disciplines and sectors to align visions and goals;
- Build and participate in networks focused on effective environmental leadership in Ohio.